Thursday 21 August 2008

List Time

Today: My 25 Greatest Male Performances
Tomorrow: My 25 Greatest Female Performances
Ongoing: Matt's 25 Greatest Scenes

Here's my top 25 men. There's a fair representation of villains on the list - Dr Szell (Laurence Olivier - Marathon Man), Don Logan (Ben Kinglsey - Sexy Beast), Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs). I suppose Hitler (Bruno Ganz - Downfall) counts as well! One of the greatest villains of all time was given to us about a month ago and I couldn't leave out Heath Ledger's phenomenal performance as The Joker, which also makes the cut. My numero uno though is though is a good guy - an ordinary Joe if you like. It is one of the few performances that also makes Matt's top 25. It is relentlessly captivating - an astonishingly good performance from an astonishing actor.

No comments: