Friday 1 August 2008

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince



This is everything a trailer should be. Exciting, captivating, enticing, without giving away most of the story (like all of the Spiderman trailers did).

Empire really got my back up about this recently. They had a picture of Harry on the front page for their 'preview special' and then claimed, when previewing the Half Blood Prince in their rag (sorry, mag), that 'nothing important happens in this book'. As anyone who has actually read Potter 6 will know, this statement is nothing more or less than a steaming pile of absolute horseshit (and, no, Empire were not being facetious). They could at least have bothered to read the book if they were going to comment on it.

I'm no crazed Potter fan (I thought Book 5 was awful and stopped reading after 200 pages of sheer drudgery) but I think Book 6 is probably the most important and most significant book of the series. There is potential here for a great film and the trailer suggests that the filmmakers might finally have delivered something worthy of the books.

I'm excited.

Officially.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best trailer so far by far. I could not be more excited and I predict I might actually like Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore in the film. First time for everything.

Empire clearly only read the plot summary on Wikipedia whilst drunk and/or high.

Matt said...

Agree with you completely. I was surprised how much I disliked Gambon as Dumbledore, but after Richard Harris (who was perfect) what can you expect. He looks far more effective in the brief glimpses here though.

Empire really irritates me. I bought the latest issue yesterday for some reason. Why do I do this to myself. Since they invest so much energy and space talking about blockbuster movies and big-budget mainstream films they could at least bother to research them properly.

Anonymous said...

So the film has been pushed to July 2009 now...

Adam said...

Makes you wonder why they didn't make that decision before they released the trailer!

Matt said...

Absolutely bizzare. Why have they delayed it anyway? And, exactly, why on EARTH did they release the teaser trailer now????????