Monday 4 February 2008

My Nomination for the Republican Candidate

In honour of the returning Monday Night Political Slot, I thought it only fair to actually comment on a genuine, and of course movie-related, political issue.

The world has been abuzz this past week with Arnold Schwarzenegger's endorsement of a certain candidate for the republican nomination for president come November this year. Well, since MyFilmVault is never one to shy away from political issues, I wish to confirm that I endorse Arnie's endorsement completely and, therefore, with him, endorse John McClane for president:



I don't know which is more surprising, McClane actually running after such a tough, gruelling, year domestically, or Arnie's endorsement of such a long-standing rival. Perhaps Arnie has finally come to terms with the fact that he will never be able to run and therefore has endorsed a like-minded soul.

So, what does McClane have going for him? First of all a first rate record on Terrorism. He's responsible for more terrorist deaths that GW's own 'War on Terror'. McClane also has an astounding record on domestic security. Popular with the ladies, he also scores high on family values, having very publicly shown his protective qualities of family members when they have been in trouble.

Will also score points with the gun lobby.

Of course, I'm not American and hope the facists (sorry, republicans) lose hands down, but I'm sure McClane will make a great candidate. He'll certainly die hard in the poles.

1 comment:

see? i told you... said...

Arnold has endorsed John McCain while his wife, Maria Shriver, hearts Barack Obama. I wonder if this caused any conflict in the family.

Anyway, I would personally like to see a McCain vs Obama gentlemanly duel. Let see on this Super Tuesday!