Thursday 17 April 2008

Movie Years Awards Redux

Some belated Movie Years Awards for last year. Matt has finally awoken from his film coma and supplied me with his finalised year end award lists. Very interesting reading they are too, especially his left-field choice for Best Actor! Check them out here.

I've also rejigged my side of the page as well. Having bought on DVD and rewatched my original #1 and #2 choices for last year (The Lookout and Michael Clayton), I've decided Michael Clayton should get the numero uno spot. The Lookout actually drops down a couple of notches. It doesn't quite play as well second time around. It's still a terrific film, but it has a couple of flaws that hold it back from being the best of the year. I still absolutely adore the A+, 10/10 score by James Newton Howard though. Joseph Gordon-Levitt also falls off my Best Actor list, allowing room for Casey Affleck, who I was actually going to put in for Tony Leung anyway. Now they're both there.

No comments: