Friday 25 April 2008

Is In Bruges worth paying £2 to avoid?

I certainly thought so. After 30 minutes of "humour" that had all the wit and creativity of schoolyard name calling I left. Indeed schoolyard name calling might actually be wittier than calling fat people elephants then getting them to chase you, calling others "spastics" or "retarded" and then saying that someone would tip the balance like a big fat retarded black woman on a see-saw. Noel Coward-esque, I think you'll agree.

Anyway I couldn't take any more, I couldn't believe this had scored 78% on rottentomatoes, I couldn't believe that anyone in the cinema was actually laughing and so I up and left. The car park was free to exit after 8pm. I left at 7.15 and think it the best £2 I've spent this week.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Credit for walking out! It sounds unbelievably offensive.