Thursday 30 August 2007

Was thinking of seeing this...

...but judging by a 0% rating on rottentomatoes I don't think I'll bother.

I figured, wrongly, that it would be the better recieved of two fairly silly movies opening tomorrow, but it seem's 1408 is getting all the good reviews so I will give it a whirl. I think it's fair to say John Cusack hasn't done anything decent since Grosse Pointe Blank. Now GPB was so good that I can forgive a lot, but it is about time he found another film that feels as if it was written with him in mind, as Grosse Pointe Blank felt. Maybe 1408 is that film.

However the film that I'm looking forward to in my Friday double header is Breach - the Chris Cooper, Ryan Phillippe, Laura Linney thriller that received good notices in the States. Reviews will follow.

No comments: