Thursday 22 January 2009

Oscar Reaction

4/5 on my predictions for Best Picture, although that wasn't that difficult. I get credit for guessing The Dark Knight would be snubbed, despite what the vocal fanboys were saying. Sadly I didn't predict the film that would do the upsetting, but then neither did anyone else. That film has a lowly 60% fresh rating on rottentomatoes and got an even lowlier D from me when I saew it atwo weeks ago. Surely the worst film to get a Best Picture nomination for a while.

Kristin Scott Thomas missed out. A travesty.

Brad Pitt got into the line up. I await Benjamin Button with baited breath but Pitt has not once shown he is capable of doing anything that would merit Oscar attention (yes I know he's been nominayted once before) and one of the performances that was in the mix was from the brilliant Leonardo DiCaprio so I am suspicious that he is worthy, but we shall see.

Happy for Richard Jenkins for The Visitor, happy for Mickey Rourke, although his nomination was nailed on, and pleased that the American votes have a bit more intelligence than the Brits - the Slumdog love did not translate into another inexplicable nomination for the perfectly pleasant, but card-board cut-out-esque Dev Patel.

Confused as to why anyone thinks In Bruges is worthy of anything other than a Razzie nom.

No comments: